New Bishop Search
*Credit for beautiful rendering of "el buen pastor" to Pastor Alexis González Matus of Iglesia Comunidad de Gracia.
Nomination by Petition Open
Canon 6 The Office and Election of a Bishop
Section 1. The Bishop's Calling
A Bishop is called by God and the Church to be a shepherd who feeds the flock entrusted to his care. A Bishop is an overseer of the flock and as such is called to propagate, to teach, and to uphold and defend the Faith and Order of the Church. The Bishop should not lord his office over those entrusted to his care, but be an example of a servant minister to the flock. By the tradition of Christ' s One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church Bishops are consecrated for the whole Church and are successors to the Apostles through the grace of the Holy Spirit. Bishops are the chief pastors of the Diocese and the administrators of Godly discipline and governance.
Section 2. Criteria for Bishops
To be a suitable candidate for Bishop, a person should:
- Be a person of prayer, a student of God 's word, and of mature faith·
- Be genuine in the practice of Godly moral character and conduct;
- Have a zeal for winning souls, and for making disciples for Christ;
- Have demonstrated evidence of the fruit of the Holy Spirit in his life;
- Possess the leadership and teaching gifts needed to fulfill the office;
- Be respected for evidencing Godly pastoral leadership;
- Have demonstrated the ability to lead, establish, and grow the Church; and
- Be a male presbyter at least 40 years of age.